Rawhide X.org - My mouse doesn't work & an interesting question...

First, the bug; when I start the X currently in Rawhide, my mouse loses the ability to move from side to side and can only move up and down. The mouse in question is a Logitech wireless, part of the Cordless Wave desktop. Oddly enough, the touchpad still works (it's a laptop, BTW).

Now, to the question. Why is SMB support turned off in the packages of KDE4 in the repo? I can't seem to use the kio_smb slave like I used to, and IMO this is very bad.