Re: Rawhide X.org - My mouse doesn't work & an interesting question...

Kelly Miller wrote:
First, the bug; when I start the X currently in Rawhide, my mouse loses the ability to move from side to side and can only move up and down. The mouse in question is a Logitech wireless, part of the Cordless Wave desktop. Oddly enough, the touchpad still works (it's a laptop, BTW).

You need to be sure your mouse/keyboard is configured correctly for the newer HAL auto input device handling, or to disable that option. This may be due to a mouse configuration you have setup manually in xorg.conf but is being interfered with when you start X and login. See archived mail [1] by Nicholas Mailhot about some of this.
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-February/msg02131.html

My Logitech MX revolution wireless mouse is properly handled without any configuration in xorg.conf now, just by setting this (and having no InputDevice sections):

Section "ServerFlags"
	Option      "AllowEmptyInput" "True"
	Option      "AutoAddDevices" "True"
	Option      "AutoEnableDevices" "True"