Re: Rawhide X.org - My mouse doesn't work & an interesting question...

Andrew Farris wrote:
Kelly Miller wrote:
First, the bug; when I start the X currently in Rawhide, my mouse loses the ability to move from side to side and can only move up and down. The mouse in question is a Logitech wireless, part of the Cordless Wave desktop. Oddly enough, the touchpad still works (it's a laptop, BTW).

You need to be sure your mouse/keyboard is configured correctly for the newer HAL auto input device handling, or to disable that option. This may be due to a mouse configuration you have setup manually in xorg.conf but is being interfered with when you start X and login. See archived mail [1] by Nicholas Mailhot about some of this.
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-February/msg02131.html
I stopped doing manual xorg.conf configuration back in Fedora 6, unless I had a necessary reason for fiddling with the xorg.conf. So no, there's no conflicts (unless the system changed something). I can say that doubly because I formatted the drive and installed from base Fedora 8, and then updated to Rawhide.