Re: Fedora bug workflow - process change

Till Maas wrote, at 02/26/2008 10:21 PM +9:00:
> On Tuesday 26 February 2008 11:16:28 Nils Philippsen wrote:
>
>> IMO this is bad, as we don't differentiate between "this is a bug" and
>> "someone is actually working on it" then; ASSIGNED should mean what it
>> says, that a bug is assigned to a person or group of persons to work on
>
> iirc you can use ON_DEV to show that someone is working on it. Also ASSIGNED
> can be interpreted as "assigned to the right component".
>
> Regards,
> Till

In such case we still need "NEW" state as there are not a few cases in
which the "assigned" component changes several times until a bug
gets finally "ASSIGNED" to the correct component, like:

* pirut -> yum -> rpm
* xscreensaver-gl-extras -> xorg-x11-server -> xorg-x11-drv-XXX

Mamoru