GTK program badness 10000 in recent rawhide

Adam Jackson ajackson at redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 15:31:57 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-26 at 01:38 +0200, Pekka Pietikainen wrote:

> The program 'gnome-session' received an X Window System error.
> This probably reflects a bug in the program.
> The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
>   (Details: serial 21 error_code 3 request_code 2 minor_code 0)
>   (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
>    that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
>    To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
>    option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
>    backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)

We saw at least one variant of this that was solved by turning selinux
_on_.

If you were running in enforcing mode, then X would attempt to load its
selinux policy from the disk, get rejected by the kernel, and would fail
open to the normal non-selinux state.  If, however, you were in
permissive mode, it would load the policy from the disk, then enforce it
due to a bug, and would throw denials all over the place.

That'll teach you to turn selinux off...

- ajax