Re: upstart testers wanted!

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Linus Walleij (triad df lth se) said:
Confirmation that the system boots and runs more or less as expected.
Seems to work flawlessly. I have no SELinux on this HP nc2400 laptop but upstart boots it like a charm.

I don't notice much increase in bootup speed, but shutdown is *considerably* quicker!

Do you have numbers? I'm not sure why it would be significantly different
at all; it's still running the same shutdown scripts.

Bill

I don't have numbers, but subjectively, shutdown or restart are faster than before. Don't subjectively see a decrease in startup. BTW, show details in RHGB doesn't work after swaps activated msg displayed. Still looking into this....

--
Regards,

Old Fart