What to do whit initscripts reviews?

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 17:33:43 UTC 2008

Hans de Goede (j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl) said:
> But that doesn't answer my question, the LSB compliant special comment
> blocks with requires and provides where needed for another init replacement
> (I think it was initng), since we are not going to use that, is it still
> wanted / necessary to add LSB style comment blocks to initscripts, or can
> all the initscript review bugs be closed?

You *can* add them, but...

> And if they cannot be closed, do we (finally) have some guidelines on
> various problems which turned up when these bugs where orignally filed?

Under the implementation we have (both with upstart and sysvinit), these
requires and provides are mapped into a static priority system. Any issues
arising from that haven't changed, and can't be fixed without more significant
changes (not to the scripts, but to the infrastructure that runs them.)

Bill