Fedora Rel-Eng Meeting Recap 2008-FEB-25

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 19:36:04 UTC 2008

Recap and full IRC transcript found here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/Meetings/2008-feb-25

Please make corrections and clarifications to the wiki page.

== Rebuild status ==
  * going fairly smoothly
  * the triage team is taking good swaths of those and isolating the
build failures and sorting them into buckets (either compile failure, or
other failure)

== Orphan package removals ==
  * propose those orphans that haven't been picked up be blocked from
dist-f9 today
    * gives some folks time to realize "oh that was important, I'll take
it over" before we hit beta freeze
  * warren will work on analyzing the orphan list

== Release Engineering Representative ==
  *
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2008-February/msg00136.html
  * f13 nominated

== Discussion of Custom Spins ==
  * 11 more in the pipeline
  * See IRC log

== Misc ==
   * setting up a meeting tomorrow to talk about the fedora build system
instability and get some time lines for fixing what we can, etc.

== IRC Transcript ==