gnome-blog (Was: Warning: Rawhide Orphanarium will be Purged Thursday, Feb 28th)

Bryan Clark clarkbw at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 14:51:42 UTC 2008

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 4:11 AM, Debarshi Ray <debarshi.ray at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> gnome-blog
>
>  >  Note that gnome-blog is included on the desktop spin. So either it needs
>  >  to be dropped there too, or the person (was it Jesse ?) who felt
>  >  strongly that it ought to be on the desktop spin should perhaps pick it
>  >  up.
>
>  Although the upstream homepage (URL:
>  http://www.gnome.org/~seth/gnome-blog/) says 0.8 is the latest
>  version, it has been more than a year since 0.9.1 was released
>  (Source0: http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/gnome-blog). There
>  was a 0.9.0 in the middle too.
>
>  Does it still have an active upstream?

This doesn't have an active upstream anymore as far as I know.  It
seems Olav Vitters was working on it for a while, but not since early
2007.  Though the spirit of gnome-blog maintainership is for anyone
who is interested to take over developing, packaging, and releasing.
Perhaps you could take over maintainership in upstream?

~ Bryan