Re: sense of packaging firefox' addons?

On Wed, 2008-02-27 at 21:35 +0100, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:
> I don't think we should package extensions, but what do you think about
> that situation in U?

Aside from the issues already mentioned in this thread, I think other
reasons to have them packaged is _trust_ and _quality_.

For example, would you install the extension from a website which you're
not familiar with...or would you install it from the same place from
where you install every other software on your computer? Having them in
a Fedora-friendly package means that they are less of a hassle to
install, can be automated into an installation (via kickstart and
friends), and are otherwise far better integrated into the Fedora system
as a whole. Plus, having it installed from a Fedora repo, a user will be
extremely more confident that the extension works well and is kept
up-to-date with the rest of their system.
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
  DD68 A414 56BD 6368 D957 9666 4268 CB7A FFC1 9479