Re: sense of packaging firefox' addons?

Peter Gordon wrote:

Aside from the issues already mentioned in this thread, I think other
reasons to have them packaged is _trust_ and _quality_.

For example, would you install the extension from a website which you're
not familiar with...or would you install it from the same place from
where you install every other software on your computer?

That doesn't imply that I trust anything. Fedora gets to a firewalled system in the test network before coming anywhere near one of my desktops. Being packaged on a known location doesn't imply Qquality(i. e. windowsupdate) I absolutely believe that FireFox extensions should not be packaged in by Fedora.

Regards,
Randy