Re: system-* tools' ui independence

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 7:14 PM, Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com> wrote:
>  We are currently investing effort into bringing the screen resolution
>  capplet into the modern xrandr world. This will soon make
>  system-config-display obsolete.

Fair enough

>  NetworkManager is gaining capabilities for dealing with system-wide
>  connections right now.

With all due respect to the NetworkManager devs, this particular piece
of software regularly betrays me at times when I can't be dealing with
network issues -- there is currently a hate thread going on in the
main list, not started by myself

>  The clock applet lets you change time zones now.
>
>  These are 3 examples of "getting rid of the need to have
>  system-config-*". Mind reading not required.

Fair enough but I doubt there will be a point when there will be no
more of these tools.

( www.pembo13.com )