Re: system-* tools' ui independence

On 2/28/08, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek <jakub rusinek gmail com> wrote:
> Kelly Miller pisze:
> > Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:
> >> hi,
> >>
> >> I said few weeks or months ago, that our system-* tools cannot
> >> descriminate KDE by using GTK.
> >>
> >> YaST authors separated UI library, so you [Red Hat or Community] can
> >> easily rewrite our tools to integrate well with KDE and GTK-based
> >> environments.
> >>
> >> http://visnov.blogspot.com/2008/02/yast-user-interface-library-is-now.htm
> > Um, have you SEEN or USED the YaST GTK+ interface? It's one of the most
> > screwed-up pieces of bad UI I've ever seen in my life...
> >

> I've seen it and used it. Fast, responsible and very user friendly.
>
> YaST-GTK is much better than YaST-Qt.

You're joking, right?  I mean, two minutes with YaST-GTK and I'd
already gotten sick of the fact that it acts like just about
everything else in Gnome anymore; that the user should only be able to
reach the minimum of options and anything else should be buried.

And it's a fact that the GTK installer is utterly brain-dead.