Re: Problem with Anaconda on IBM T61

Dan Horák wrote:
Lukasz Trabinski píše v Čt 28. 02. 2008 v 22:16 +0100:
Hello

It's not my first installation of Fedora (my first installation was redhat 4.1), anyway.

I can't install Fedora 8 on my new laptop IBM T61.
I have tried different options before boot kernel, tried install from DVD or network (via ftp/http) and I always got this messges ( jest before anaconda tring copy RPM packages to hard disk)

Isn't it after you specify all options for grub and it is being
installed? Do you have MS Vista installed too?
I think I have seen such message when trying to install F8 or Rawhide on
HP Compaq 6910p.

		Dan

Is the SATA Controller Mode Option to set to “Compatibility” if not try changing it....

To change the setting, turn on your T61 and press F1 when the “Thinkpad” logo appears. Go to Config → Serial ATA (SATA) and set the SATA Controller Mode Option to “Compatibility”.

Best regards
                   Johann B.