Re: submitting ideas to Fedora

Callum Lerwick wrote:

I'm a Software Engineer. I believe my time is best spent making
Fedora and Open Source in general, better. A better system will sell
itself.

Hmmm, then why are all those boxes running windows?

I think you're putting yourself into fedora-marketing/ambassador
territory.

Keep in mind, who's the audience of the wiki page? Of the Wiki in
general, even? Is it really for the public? Or is it "internal
communication" intended to be summarized elsewhere for public
consumption?

A better question would be whether it is to promote what you happen to have, or to learn what users would like to have. There are a lot of things that could be better in a distribution simply by combining features that are already available in upstream packages. For example, fedora ships an LDAP server and has the capability of using one for user authentication, but no one does - and the value of doing it isn't obvious until you install your second box. Why couldn't these be shipped to work together and be the default way to manage users even on a single box?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com