Again about status of p2p-software in Fedora.

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 20:09:06 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 5:16 AM, Dmitry Butskoy <buc at odusz.so-cdu.ru> wrote:
>  As far as I remember, "P2P is OK while it does not have any points to
>  the illegal content" (Tom "spot" Callaway (c) , isn't it? :) )
>
>  Besides the Torrent, Gnutella is already supported (gtk-gnutella,
>  gift-gnutella), and so on. Make sure that the rpm package does not
>  include any illegal stuff and has not any links to questionable and
>  legal-dangerous servers.

I thought this was settled as well.  Is edonkey technology any
different then gnutella? Other than having a far less interesting
name. Aren't they both designed to do the same sort of distributed
network? If you can explain the difference between edonkey and
gnutella, then we'll have a much better idea of if edonkey crosses a
line that gnutella does not.

-jef