Cannot upgrade from Rel 7 to Rel 8

Hello,

Last week I tried to upgrade from Rel. 7 to Rel. 8. System got stuck while checking for dependencies. Progress bar goes almost to 100% and then freezes there (+12 hours). As the box is relatively well configured (Intel Core Duo, 2GBytes RAM) and as I don't have problems with Rel. 7, I guess it must be a scalability problem with the dependency checking in Rel. 8.

If someone had the same problem and was able to fix it, please suggestions (other than simply reinstalling everything) will be really welcome.

Best regards and happy 2008 for all !!!

Casimiro