Re: Policy proposal for compatibility packages

On Wed, 2008-01-02 at 18:05 +0100, Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
> * Brian Pepple [02/01/2008 17:59] :
> >
> > FESCo discussed this back at our last meeting, but before we pulled the
> > trigger on this, I want to get feedback from the mailing list.  I'm
> > tentatively planning on having FESCo vote on this at the 2008-01-10
> > meeting, though that could change based on any feedback I receive.
>
> Should upstream be informed/consulted/given-veto-power ?

I think it probably makes sense to have a good dialog with upstream
(which applies with all packages, not just compat), but I'm not sure if
it's necessary to formally require that upstream be consulted when
proposing a compat package.

/B
--
Brian Pepple <bpepple fedoraproject org>

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BrianPepple
BD5E 6F9E 8688 E668 8F5B  CBDE 326A E936 810C C15E