Re: Policy proposal for compatibility packages

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 15:02:02 +0100 (CET)
Linus Walleij <triad df lth se> wrote:

> RHEL must have tons of these since that kind of stuff is what people
> buy it for. Perhaps someone working on it could tell us the most
> typical libs to crop up here, and were the RHEL work has been focused
> in this area?

RHEL also grants you the right to install /any/ RHEL version with your
entitlement, so if you need to run software from an older era, you can
actually run the older (and still supported) RHEL release from then.
All the way back to RHEL2.1.

--
Jesse Keating