Re: f8 gripe #3: infamous Load_Cycle_Count started hitting my laptop, FAQ?

On Do Januar 3 2008, Douglas McClendon wrote:

> Thanks, that looks like it will work for me.  Just for complete
> reference, here is an ubuntu bug, in which it is mentioned that for some
> reason 255 doesn't work for everyone (thus _maybe_ 254 is a better default)

255 is not a default value, but the value that is used when the script
detects, that there is apm support in the hd, but it is disabled. When it is
enabled it tries to get the current value and stores it, in case it cannot
get a value, the user needs to define one manually in the config file.

Regards,
Till