Re: Policy proposal for compatibility packages

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008, Patrice Dumas wrote:

And then s/he knows that in Fedora, we love to discard old
API:s.

I hope it is untrue. I hope everybody here dislikes breaking API and
ABIs and try to push the upstreams to be responsible with API/ABI.

Of course upstream is responsible, man, calm down.

It seems you read me like I thought breaking API/ABI was a goal in itself, that's not what I meant.

Linus