Re: Mass rebuild status with gcc-4.3.0-0.4 of rawhide-20071220

Jakub Jelinek wrote:
On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 02:53:12PM +0100, drago01 wrote:
OK, thx. I have prepared a fix that I want to verify before sending it upstream but the build fails in a weird way:

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=321712&name=build.log
It seems to stop before it even starts ...

There is also root.log, which says:
DEBUG util.py:260:  Error: Missing Dependency: libgcj.so.8rh is needed by package gettext-devel

The rebuilds I did were also with rebuilt gettext in the buildroots, but
I'm not sure what's a feasible solution for dist-f9-gcc43.  Perhaps
the best would be to compile/link the Java programs with
-findirect-dispatch, then they will be independent from libgcj.so.* version
of the day and rely on libgcj_bc.so which isn't changing.

yes we need a solution for this to be able to test all packages.
I might be crazy but wouldn't it be better to throw gcc-4.3 into dist-f9 aka rawhide?
This way fixing a package that has deps like sigc++ would be easy to verify.
Buildroot issues like the above should not happen.
But this way we end up with a broken rawhide for a while.