Re: Cannot upgrade from Rel 7 to Rel 8

Jeroen van Meeuwen escreveu:
Casimiro de Almeida Barreto wrote:

Hello,

    Last week I tried to upgrade from Rel. 7 to Rel. 8. System got stuck

(...)
    If someone had the same problem and was able to fix it, please

suggestions (other than simply reinstalling everything) will be
really welcome.

The Fedora Unity Re-Spin at http://spins.fedoraunity.org/spins will fix
this.

Mount the original DVD somewhere, and use:

jigdo-lite --scan /mount/point/of/original/dvd \
http://jigdo.fedoraunity.org/templates/20071218/Fedora-Unity-20071218-8.jigdo

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip

Thanks for all who helped me. And you all excuse-me for not going into bugzilla first place...

After upgrading, there were a little issue with PAM. As I use encrypted fs, I had to save modified files in /etc/pam.d and restore the *.rpmsave files.

Best regards,

Casimiro