Re: Is anyone packaging sage?

On Jan 4, 2008 2:49 PM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer gmail com> wrote:
> Holy crap is slang.  It's akin to "Oh wow", or "Holy cow", or "Gee
> Wiz".  Jeff wasn't saying the software was crappy.  He was expressing
> excitement.

I'm so excited by this, that I'm contacting all the physics and math
educators that I personally know and getting them to take a look at
this.
An open source... competitor to Maple or Mathematica with a a web
browser interface is a huge huge thing.  It doesn't have to be feature
complete compared to the competition.. it just has to be good enough
to get it in the door at schools and easy enough for teachers and
studdents to use.  I really want to put a few demonstrations setups of
sage together as quickly as i can and have educators and students beat
on it.  This is a non-trivial thing.

-jef