Re: Is anyone packaging sage?

Manuel Wolfshant <wolfy <at> nobugconsulting.ro> writes:
>     I have also included a patch which removes from the sage install
> script the parts which I think that are already available in rawhide.

Still, a monolithic solution like this is not going to fly, every single of
these separate projects needs to be packaged separately, usually directly from
upstream, not from the bundled often outdated version in SAGE. Unfortunately,
SAGE tries to be yet another program which tries to be a distro, this sucks.
Out of spkg/standard/*.spkg, as a first guess, only
spkg/standard/*-2.9.1.1.spkg makes sense to package as part of SAGE, that would
be doc, examples, extcode, sage and sage_scripts. And these should be 5
separate packages or subpackages (e.g. sagemath, sagemath-doc,
sagemath-examples, sagemath-extcode, sagemath-scripts).

Moreover, at least in your build.log, it appears also to still build stuff like
ATLAS and gnutls which are already in Fedora (and the gnutls build failed).

        Kevin Kofler