Re: I'm mellllttttttinggg!!! (kernel 2.6.24-0.133.rc6.git8.fc9)

Matthew Miller wrote:
So, I came back from vacation and updated my rawhide machine to the latest.
Firefox 3 is all broke for me (haven't diagnosed that yet) and not having a
Firefox 2 package handy that doesn't conflict with xulrunner, I decided to
build one. Core temp quickly went to 125C°+ and the computer powered
itself off to avoid starting any fires.

This doesn't seem to happen with kernel-2.6.24-0.83.rc5.fc9, which I had
installed before the break. Oh, it gets hot, but more like 95C°. Processor
is an AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+ but I'm running in 32-bit mode.

Anyone else seeing this?

Do you have lm_sensors configured? Perhaps a driver bug is causing your CPU fan to be stopped / to slow. Try configuring lm_sensors and take a look at your CPU fan speed with both the cool and the hot kernel.

Regards,

Hans