Proceedure for package private branches for testing

Hi all,

Sometimes when trying to solve a problem I need to add a patch to a
package, say kernel, and do a build (probably a scratch build) to test
and possibly have the reporter use it for testing as well.

So can someone tell me what the proper procedure is for creating a
private branch for a package in Fedora?

Ian