Re: Init : someone could comment this ?

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
On Sun, 2008-01-06 at 10:44 -0500, Yaakov Nemoy wrote:
On Jan 6, 2008 5:36 AM, Enrico Scholz
<enrico scholz informatik tu-chemnitz de> wrote:
An initsystem which requires depbloat like python or perl is completely
unacceptably.
Bash is not depbloat, but bash + awk + grep + any other userspace
tools shows alot of dep bloat.
You will want to make yourself familiar with POSIX.

 Since python is installed on most
machines,
Only because RH/Fedora's infrastructure forces users to install it.

 and almost always putting at least some code in shared
memory space, asking for Python in particular is not unreasonable.
I could not disagree more - To me any init-script system requiring
anything outside of what POSIX requires is a mis-conception and flawed
design.

Is there a reason for this? It still sounds like a whole lot of "PURGE THE IMPURE!!!" to me.

--CJD