Re: Mass rebuild status with gcc-4.3.0-0.4 of rawhide-20071220

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <dominik <at> greysector.net> writes:
> What are we supposed to do after getting a failing package to build with
> gcc-4.3? Just commit the fix to CVS/devel or tag and build the updated
> package, too? If there's going to be a mass rebuild with gcc-4.3, I don't
> see any value in building the fixed package until gcc-4.3 hits rawhide,
> just wasted mirrors' bandwith.

Building the fixed package right now allows doing automated/scripted mass
rebuilds, which may well be the method used when GCC 4.3 actually hits Rawhide.
It is also useful for the on-the-side mass rebuilds like the one Jakub did.

This is Rawhide, I think you really don't have to worry about not pushing
rebuilds which aren't absolutely needed.

        Kevin Kofler