Fwd: closing out old bugs of unmaintained releases

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 04:03:37 UTC 2008

On Jan 4, 2008 4:07 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:

> See: http://www.jwz.org/doc/cadt.html

See http://jwz.livejournal.com/154529.html where the original author comments:

"There may not be an immediate practical difference to the user, but
the attitude behind it matters: maybe the developer thinks it's ok to
just ignore old bugs: that's often true, and that's really bad. But
then, maybe the developer doesn't think that, but instead, the project
is just totally floundering: that's also often true, and easier to
forgive. In the latter case, at least they'll be trying to fix the
problem; in the former case, they don't think there is a problem."

We are obviously in the latter situation here.  We *are* attempting to
fix this (at least I know that I am).