Re: Bruttaly sluggish Eclipse performance in remote X

On Tue, 2008-01-08 at 10:32 +0000, Andrew Haley wrote:
> If you ssh to the target machine and then run Eclipse, does that work
> better?

No, it doesn't. I've tried it already, and I notice the exact
same problem.

As an aside, I've logged in to the local box via the Chooser
(i.e.remotely), and while things are OK (except for Eclipse),
they are not pretty:
  * Sound broke in strange ways. Even for me it was darn confusing
    given that sound was working just before the login.
  * Performance in general is sluggish to the point of being
    annoying. For example, switching tabs in any GTK app
    (say System | Administration | Login Window) has a noticeable
    latency, I'd say close to 1s.

--
Dimi Paun <dimi lattica com>
Lattica, Inc.