Re: Bruttaly sluggish Eclipse performance in remote X

Dimi Paun writes:

 > On Tue, 2008-01-08 at 10:32 +0000, Andrew Haley wrote:
 > > If you ssh to the target machine and then run Eclipse, does that work
 > > better?
 >
 > No, it doesn't. I've tried it already, and I notice the exact
 > same problem.

Ah, OK.  Well, I don't see that happen at all.

 > As an aside, I've logged in to the local box via the Chooser
 > (i.e.remotely), and while things are OK (except for Eclipse),
 > they are not pretty:
 >   * Sound broke in strange ways. Even for me it was darn confusing
 >     given that sound was working just before the login.
 >   * Performance in general is sluggish to the point of being
 >     annoying. For example, switching tabs in any GTK app
 >     (say System | Administration | Login Window) has a noticeable
 >     latency, I'd say close to 1s.

Right, so I agree, you're looking for timeouts on the remote box.

Andrew.

--
Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1TE, UK
Registered in England and Wales No. 3798903