Re: Bruttaly sluggish Eclipse performance in remote X

Dimi Paun wrote:

If you ssh to the target machine and then run Eclipse, does that work
better?

No, it doesn't. I've tried it already, and I notice the exact
same problem.

The quick fix is probably to run freenx on the server and the NX client from http://www.nomachine.com on the client side. It runs the stuff affected by latency locally on the server and does proxy/caching with the client. And it's worth setting up even on a fast local network for the ability to suspend and reconnect to running sessions. But, you should probably track down the source of the latency anyway.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com