Bruttaly sluggish Eclipse performance in remote X

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 14:16:06 UTC 2008

Dimi Paun wrote:

>> If you ssh to the target machine and then run Eclipse, does that work
>> better?
>
> No, it doesn't. I've tried it already, and I notice the exact
> same problem.

The quick fix is probably to run freenx on the server and the NX client
from http://www.nomachine.com on the client side.   It runs the stuff
affected by latency locally on the server and does proxy/caching with
the client.   And it's worth setting up even on a fast local network for
the ability to suspend and reconnect to running sessions.  But, you
should probably track down the source of the latency anyway.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com