Fwd: closing out old bugs of unmaintained releases

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Jan 9 13:10:41 UTC 2008

On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 23:50:38 -0600
Michael E Brown <Michael_E_Brown at dell.com> wrote:

> Benefits of Trac? It seems the case now that most mock users expect to
> just enter bugs in bugzilla.

The only real benefit is to separate bugs in Fedora versions from bugs
in development, or long term tickets for changing things etc..  But
it's totally not necessary.  In fact, I think we can just do away with
the Fedora Hosted Projects product in bugzilla and have all mock bugs
just get filed as bugs in a fedora / epel release.  The only issue with
that is if any other distros start using mock, and forcing them to file
Fedora bugs for their mock doesn't seem right.  But meh.

--
Jesse Keating