Re: Init : someone could comment this ?

Yaakov Nemoy wrote:

I think it's quite possible to pick a balance between what we need and
don't need, and the fun part is going to be making up those
requirements, trimming a system down to meet those requirements, and
then coding in the startup routines.

Has anyone actually measured the system calls made by init itself and the shells parsing the scripts vs. the things the code it starts does? I wouldn't expect a real-time difference from any change to init other than figuring out what you can run in parallel so delays in (say) sendmail or samba's DNS lookups don't slow down the first login screen.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com