Re: Pulse Audio 0.9.8 - upgrade?

On 1/9/08, Lubomir Kundrak <lkundrak redhat com> wrote:

> I know the answer -- He decided to save us from an useless upgrade that
> would solve none of our problems. This applies for all package
> maintainers who value bandwidth and time of the users more than a change
> of one digit in a version number -- my thanks to them.

I recompiled 0.9.8 (taken from rawhide) on my F-8 systems and I think
that it's markedly improved from the version available in F-8.  I
haven't done a full comparison, but I don't think that the source in
F-8 is even the full 0.9.7, but is a snapshot taken from subversion
almost two weeks before 0.9.7 was released (0.9.7 was released on
2007-10-30 and the snapshot inlcuded in F-8 was taken on 2007-10-17).

Jeff