Re: Linux is not about choice [was Re: Fedora too cutting edge?]

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 00:06:42 +0100
Patrice Dumas <pertusus free fr> wrote:

> > One issue is that most packagers maintainers in the Fedora Project
> > are not code monkeys.
>
> Do you have other words that would say the same, but understandable
> by a non native speaker..

He's saying that most our package maintainers are not actual code
developers, but instead folks that know and understand how to package
software.  A valuable skill set, but not the skill set needed for
developing software itself.  See other threads recently on this topic.

--
Jesse Keating