Re: Linux is not about choice [was Re: Fedora too cutting edge?]

On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 18:59 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-01-10 at 00:57 +0100, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> > I am not saying that there are dozens and dozens of people ready to help
> > for these tasks. I am saying that, when there are such people, those who
> > do the mainstream stuff should let them play instead of being hostile
> > for parallel/oldish/fun implementations. It has a cost, because there
> > are always side effects, but it is a price to be paid for community
> > involvment.
>
> ´╗┐Sure, and if I had a pony I'm sure my life would be honky-dory. You're
> also deliberately ignoring that the issue of qualified man-power is only
> _one_ aspect of this discussion.

Uh, I meant. Something about that there are more aspects to this
discussion that just man power. Such as even if we had people willing to
e.g. maintain two firewire stacks we probably wouldn't want to do that
because of the added complexity. Hope this clarifies.

      David