Re: Impending X driver deprecation

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 21:16:03 -0500
Warren Togami <wtogami redhat com> wrote:

Please reconsider s3?

It is used by several of the thin client models selling today, and Intel's "Affordable PC" reference platform that is being sold in
large numbers in the developing world (e.g. China) by companies like
Dell.

Why do you need a specific driver for these instead of Vesa?

I was under the impression that performance is much more usable with s3 than vesa, especially on very slow machines like these. I will not be able to test it until I get back from Raleigh late next week.

(*WHY* does Intel's APC have such a crappy non-Intel video card?)

Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com