Re: gripe/question: /etc/sysconfig/system-config-firewall???

Douglas McClendon wrote:
Anybody care to explain to me the logic of the file

/etc/sysconfig/system-config-firewall

which makes my kickstart and/or lokkit invocations not be respected?

I.e. port 22 remains open even if I do

lokkit --enabled

(or just firewall --enabled in kickstart)

It seems like if anything lokkit should be writing this file, not reading one installed by an rpm. But maybe I just need a clue. ???

-dmc

If you want to generate a new firewall configuration, you should use the '-f' option. lokkit is modifying the actual settings as long as this option is not given. Please have a look at the output of 'lokkit --help'.

/etc/sysconfig/system-config-firewall is the config file generated by system-config-firewall, which replaces system-config-securitylevel since F-8.

Thomas