Pulse Audio 0.9.8 - upgrade?

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Thu Jan 10 13:49:49 UTC 2008

On 1/10/08, Lubomir Kundrak <lkundrak at redhat.com> wrote:

> Pardon me, but I only see mostly reasons not to upgrade a stable
> release, such as "Rework ALSA surround sound configuration completely",
> etc.

I wouldn't call the version of pulseaudio in F-8 "stable".  In fact
there are 34 open bugs in bugzilla for pulseaudio for F-8.  I didn't
report any of those bugs because I'm self-sufficient enough to
recompile 0.9.8 on my F-8 boxes.  If I was forced to stick with
0.9.7-0.17.svn20071017 I'm sure I would have opened up or CC'd myself
on several bugs.

Jeff