Re: Fedora too cutting edge?

Jarod Wilson wrote:

Krzysztof Halasa wrote:
Hans de Goede <j w r degoede hhs nl> writes:

As for this being fixed, not for my case, as I have a via vt 6306
controller, which is like, only the most common PC firewire controller
on the planet.
It should do OHCI 1.1, you may want to take the risk and try the
program. Make sure you have a backup (the GUID and possibly whole
EEPROM data).

VIA claims both VT6306 and VT6307 are OHCI-1.1 (capable), I just
have no VT6306 to test (actually it seems VT6307 is a cheeper
version, aimed at motherboard manufacturers).

Honestly, I'd rather we just figured out what's wrong with the Via chipsets in
OHCI 1.0 mode, rather than relying on people flashing their controllers to 1.1
mode. I've got a few ideas, hoping to get back to juju hacking shortly...

I didn't flash my controller, I wanted too, but it turned out it already was put in 1.1 by the manufacturer of the card I'm using.

I'm willing to flash to 1.0 mode to help test IIDC in 1.0 mode though, but first let get IIDC working with the card in 1.1 mode :)

Regards,

Hans