Re: Linux is not about choice [was Re: Fedora too cutting edge?]

On 01/10/2008 04:31 PM, Patrice Dumas wrote:
On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 04:22:41PM +0100, Christopher Aillon wrote:
On 01/10/2008 03:50 PM, Patrice Dumas wrote:
It is not right if more softwares come with more contributors. Or if the
contributors have do it anyway, but cannot easily share what they did.
Sure it does. We're getting contributors to completely new things, not the things we're shipping and definitely not the things people are complaining about being broken. It's great that people are interested in Fedora, and

Why not? One could imagine that somebody steps up to package the stuff
needed by the old firewire stack? I don't know that issue very well, but
I can imagine people wanting to fix things in fedora if they are
annoying them.

Because that's not fixing them, as has been echoed many times. That's only reintroducing different code. Which works for some people and breaks for others. Fixing it would mean making it work for everyone. Or do we not care about that?