PATCH: add --loginpause to mingetty

Florian La Roche laroche at redhat.com
Thu Jan 10 16:18:07 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 11:14:00AM -0500, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Lubomir Kundrak (lkundrak at redhat.com) said:
> > > I'm committing these changes to the OLPC-2 branch of mingetty in
> > > Fedora CVS.  Please, let me know you'd like to merge them or
> > > something similar.
> >
> > Such things are definitely better upstreamed if possible. Have you tried
> > contacting upstream?
>
> Florian is upstream, IIRC.

Hello Bernardo Innocenti,

I've refused to add many other feature requests and AFAIK we do have
quite a few forks of mingetty now available.

But I think the downscaling side of Linux is pretty important, from
small machines up to larges ones with virtualization. ;-)

I'll have a look around at other patches floating around and generate
another upstream release with these posted ones here. They look sane
to me.

Thanks a lot,

Florian La Roche