Re: Linux is not about choice [was Re: Fedora too cutting edge?]

On Thu, 2008-01-10 at 10:40 -0600, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> We are badly in need of system-config-udev. I spent several hours
> understanding udev adn building rules for my sound cards and tv cards.
> I hadn't done a yum update on my F7 box for weeks/months (lazyness)
> did one this week, and it apperently just blew away my custom udev
> config

Hell no. We are in badly need of this crap just working out of the box.
Throwing configuration / options at the problem will only make it worse.
Trying to explain this to people is apparently impossible since people
keep proposing stupid configuration tools with "unbreak my system"
options.

       David