use defoma in fedora?

Hello,

I am currently looking at package that uses Type1 fonts through t1lib
(grace, xglyph, xdvi). In fedora there is no system that I know of that
can be used to make sure that all the type1 fonts are available for
those applications. Discussing this with a debian maintainer he told me
about defoma, a debian package which is used to register fonts and
provide fonts for all the applications, for fonts not handled by
fontconfig or applications not using fontconfig. Would it be a good idea
to try to have something similar in fedora or is it a wrong direction?

--
Pat