Re: use defoma in fedora?

On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 02:54:51PM -0500, Kelly Miller wrote:
> Discussing this with a debian maintainer he told me
>
> > about defoma, a debian package which is used to register fonts and
> > provide fonts for all the applications, for fonts not handled by
> > fontconfig or applications not using fontconfig. Would it be a good idea
> > to try to have something similar in fedora or is it a wrong direction?<https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list>
> >

> NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!
>
> Defoma is the reason I stopped using anything Debian-based.  The theory is
> good, but defoma frequently forgets where fonts are installed, which leads
> to the X server puking on startup and other major problems.

Hum I wouldn't have expected the X server to have anything to do with
defoma. At least it is certainly unuseful in fedora. I would see it
useful for postrscript and type1 fonts.

Is there something fundamentaly broken in defoma, or is it a bug you are
describing?

In any case it is a interesting information.

--
Pat