Re: Fedora too cutting edge?

Les Mikesell wrote:
> Jarod Wilson wrote:
>>
>> Another chicken and egg problem. How do we know it doesn't work if we
>> don't
>> ship it?
>
> Ship it with a way to revert to previous behavior. If people post
> bugzilla items and revert, you know it didn't work and you will still
> have someone to test your next experiment.

Like jima said... I'm guessing most people simply won't bother with the bug
report. Or ever test the new stack again for the life of the release. (Note
that the latest F8 kernel has dv capture support for OHCI 1.0 controllers,
while the initial release kernel does not).

>>> Agreed... At least firewire has been broken for too long (IMHO)
>
> I gave up on it somewhere around FC3 and switched to the CentOSplus
> kernel where I needed something that mostly worked.  So I'm not a good
> tester any more.

Uhm... So you gave up on juju three releases before it existed? It didn't show
up until F7...

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson redhat com