Re: Fedora too cutting edge?

Jima wrote:

Another chicken and egg problem. How do we know it doesn't work if we don't
ship it?

Ship it with a way to revert to previous behavior. If people post bugzilla items and revert, you know it didn't work and you will still have someone to test your next experiment.

Are you realistically expecting people to not skip the "post bugzilla items" step? I like to think the best of people (okay, no I don't), but I try to keep my expectations on this planet. ;-) If we shipped that easy of a reversion (wow, that's a word!) technique, I strongly suspect we'd never hear Juju was broken.

Well you won't hear it from me anyway because I gave up on fedora/firewire back when the FC3-era bz entry sat for 6 months or so with no activity and no way to get to the data on my disks under fedora. But the solution is to put the reversion procedure in the bugzilla item in response to the first bug report and subsequently refer to it only by links. If you want bz reports you have to make them lead to quick solutions.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com