Getting a SIS900 chipset to work

Hi,

I've just moved from FC6 to rawhide on the laptop and while most things
are OK, the xorg-x11 stuff for the SIS900 chipset seems to be broken.
I've looked on the lists and this was reported around the end of last
year with the advice to change the config to use the vesa driver.

While this works, it's making the laptop run dog slow.

Any ideas when it'll be up and running again?

TTFN

Paul